Sunday, April 16, 2017

The Starting Line

Waiting at the starting line of the Rocket City Marathon in Huntsville, AL - December 2016.

Not sure why I haven't done this sooner, but I am starting up a blog dedicated to my running "hobby". I say hobby since I am most certainly not a professional runner. Running probably does qualify as a hobby for me though since I continue to do it even though I managed to achieve some major health goals - including losing a bunch of weight - last year. I considered just doing entries on an existing blog I have that covers all kinds of topics, but figured I might try one that is dedicated to a single subject. Even that may be stretched a bit though as I expect to touch on topics like nutrition or technology to go along with the posts about runs and running.

As I write this (which may not coincide with when I finally publish it), I am just over a week away from running my second marathon. I'll probably write a separate post about that in the coming days. For now, I just needed to get a blog entry done to get things moving around here. I hope you may bookmark this site and check it every now and then. I'll commit to trying to keep some fresh content rolling in on a decently regular basis.

In the meantime, this first post is the equivalent of me standing at the starting line ready to go racing.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment